Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Little Man Resume

Fourteen months old, 23 pounds heavy and busy as the day is long.  Hobbies include dog wrestling, coffee table scaling and jungle exploration in search of wild chickens!  Never too early to start working on the ol' resume, right?!  Oh, I've gotten ahead of myself... this is Owen, filling in for Mom because sometimes life just leaves her speechless.  Plus, I wanted to be the one to regale you with details of my latest adventures... like rock climbing and surfing lessons!  Have I mentioned that I love life?
My parents sorely underestimated my upper body strength until we checked out a super cool park in town.  Now they have a little more respect for my climbing abilities!  I also had my first surf session with Dad.  Usually Mom and I play in the water while he catches the waves, so this was pretty epic!  I see a lot more of these activities in my future... I mean, why not make the most of every minute we're alive!?
Psalm 16:11 'You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.'
Oh, add to the work experience section: professional lawn mower and up-and-coming mechanic.  How can I not be with a Dad like mine?  We put an add in the paper for his tree service (he says someday it can be Pearl & Sons Tree Service!) and that's brought in quite a few new jobs!  So many, in fact, that we had to invest in a diesel truck to pull around the wood chipper!  All these loud, manly toys are absolutely my favorite and I hang out with/on them every chance I get.
 Mom and I are thankful for such a hard working Dad that allows us to have adventures all day long!!  We like to play games, go exploring, read books, eat fruit and have dance parties.  Sometimes I think she abuses the 'adventure' label, though- like when it comes to sweeping and scrubbing the entire house.  She came up with this idea that if I'm old enough to walk, I'm old enough to have chores!  So, I'm in charge of feeding the dog and cats, carrying my plate to the sink, watering plants and a few other 'adventures' that I'm fairly certain used to be her job.  Mothers these days...   
                                       
At least she feeds me spaghetti for my efforts.  Lots of it!! 
When Dad's working on the weekends we take him lunch and say 'TIMBER' as the trees come down.  When he isn't working....we got to check out the carnival!!  Talk about over-stimulated in the best possible way!  Lights, sounds and smells in every direction.  Screaming kids and cotton candy, helicopter rides and big, scary clown faces.  It was completely awesome and no, I did not go into a sugar coma afterwords.  But speaking of favorite foods, I've acquired a taste for salsa on my eggs, thanks to Dad.  I also like spinach in my smoothies but Dad doesn't get the credit for that one.
As far as references for my resume, there's quite a few awesome people at my church that will vouch for me.  I even got to spend time with an 'Auntie' and 'Uncle' while Dad and Mom had a belated anniversary date.  They've been married for four whole years and I guess a little time on their own wasn't too much to ask..  Plus, look how nice they clean up!
Well, that's about enough words for now.  No matter how pretty a life can look on paper, what really matters is what fills your days; making an adventure out of the average and taking every opportunity to love, laugh, thank Jesus... and eat cotton candy!!  
Till next time,
Owen J.

No comments:

Post a Comment