Friday, August 3, 2012

.relaying a few adventures.

I thought I might enjoy a little vacation from blogging, but I must admit that has certainly not been the case!  My mind is overflowing with tales to tell and adventures to relay.  If I don't make room for more memories my brain will simply explode!  So, although this is not Monday and I am not writing this from the jungle, this post is for my own sanity!
Last week FLEW by; a whirlwind of anniversary festivities, weed wacking, packing and flying over to 'the mainland'!!  Derek and I had a wonderful time celebrating our first two years of marriage.  We made oreo truffles, strolled around down town, had our first lilikoi martini and made a mad dash through the rain in order to indulge in sushi at the movie theater!!  The only thing we love more than reminiscing all our adventures is embarking on new ones, and an anniversary is, without a doubt, no exception!  Since moving to Hawaii we've been told several times to try 'Kava'; apparently it's all the rage!  A drink made from the Kava root, it's used as a celebratory drink, muscle relaxant, etc.  We were definitely skeptical but decided it was high time we experience this integral ingredient of the island lifestyle.  It certainly made an impression on us; unfortunately it wasn't a positive one!  We made a valid attempt at enjoying it, but our tongues slowly went from tingly to numb and did I mention it tastes like dirty water!?  Not okay!  The redeeming factor to this venture was our desperate need for clam chowder afterwords and the fact that we got it for FREE from our favorite restaurant!  Happy Anniversary :)
[ celebrating two years <3 ]
I'm sure you've heard enough weed wacking stories for a life time, so I'll spare you the details of my last few days on the island.  I realized I was in denial about leaving, not for lack of excitement, but because I didn't even want to think about being separated from Derek!!  He was absolutely amazing about all of it; making it even harder to say goodbye!  We've been apart for eight days now and although I feel like part of me is missing, morale is high and we know this is making us appreciate each other!  
There aren't enough happy words in the dictionary to describe this past week with my family!!  Long talks, a beach bonfire, hilarious laughter, black and white movies, bike rides and raspberry picking.  Getting to know three of my nephews all over again, a campout in their backyard, and hearing them tell me they 'wuv' me and wished I lived with them :)  Bachelorette party for my beautiful cousin, chocolate covered strawberries, pampering and wine tasting.  We've been able to fit so much into the days we have together and it's been absolutely wonderful!!  There is still a significant amount of excitement to come, including the WEDDING!!  I'm so thankful for this time with family, friends, flushing toilets and hot showers!  haha!!  But seriously.  It's awesome!
                                    
                                                             [ my first wine tasting! ]
[picking berries!!]
Although I may be apart from Derek, I'm never apart from my First Love!  He is my strength and my joy!!  'The eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love!' Psalms 33:18 
Thank you for allowing my brain a release from all it's been storing up since I last wrote.  I know it read more like a journal entry than a witty, inspiring post, but it opened up space for me to store all the other amazing things to come on my 'vacation from Hawaii'!  Plus, before you can say 'Kava makes your tongue numb', I'll be reunited with my husband, back to greenhouse life and full of jungle tales for your enjoyment!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've had time to spend with your family! I've loved seeing your pictures (thanks to instagram :) ). Safe travels to you back to a husband I'm sure misses you like CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete