Wednesday, May 7, 2014

-words for my little man-

Owen Jerald, my little monkey-
Being able to glimpse life through your eyes is a gift.  I forgot that birds are fascinating and worthy of a dropped jaw at every single sighting.  Rain is a mystery and you've reminded me to lift my hands to the sky in wonder.  Your taste buds are crazy about home made chicken noodle soup!  And you have a chuckle that makes your Dad and I guffaw.  The expressions you produce are priceless; bits and pieces of your personality are surfacing with each day and we have a front row seat.  We also have a huge responsibility, with work to be done and countless lessons to be learned.  Thank goodness we can take the days one at a time; working through challenges and savoring sweet kisses.
You are right around the corner from ten months old and an absolute joy!  I love my days with you.  They are not without their spills and bumps and melt downs in the middle of Costco; you most certainly have a mind of your own.  But you are absolutely the sweetest thing I've ever known.  I loved having a tiny, sweet newborn.  But, lets face it, we couldn't do a whole lot of adventuring then.  Things are a different story now!  We can't get enough of the outdoors, unexplored jungle paths and story time under the bamboo.  We have some serious fun, little man.  And we're just getting started!
Jesus is working through your life to teach and refine me!  My faith has grown in tremendous ways these past few months.  I wrestle with answers for the questions I know you will have someday.  I dig deep into the Word for truth that I want to impress upon your heart.  Your innocence challenges me, your unwavering faith makes me yearn for a deeper level of trust in my Father.  Thank you for allowing me a fresh look at life.  Thank you for pushing me beyond my comfort zone (and yes, even for the sleepless nights) that I might realize my absolute inadequacy and run to the only One that call fill me all the way to overflowing.
I love you, sweetheart.
Mama

2 comments:

  1. :,,,( isn't it amazing what these little men do to us? bahhhhh this makes me want to cry. So sweet. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my...I must have missed seeing these last 3 blogs. Not sure how I missed them. Aren't children a blessing in what they help us to see and the qualities they develop in our lives. Every child is a blessing and a precious gift from our Heavenly Father. So...enjoyed getting to spend more time with Owen...but it also makes me miss being around to watch him grow. But you are doing a wonderful job and I am so...proud of you and Derek. Praise the Lord! Love Love Love you

    ReplyDelete